You might be hearing about Hippo or hippo hippo insurance, whichever but definitely one of it. Well we will talk about hippo insurance today. We’ll see who really they are. This review will consists of what you want to know about hippo insurance.
What Is hippo insurance?
Hippo Insurance is a company that was launched in 2015 with the deep belief that homeowners deserve better home insurance.
They also recognized a smarter home is a safer home: they take a proactive approach to home insurance, providing our customers with smart home devices and working with them to identify and solve small issues in their homes before they become big claims. Most importantly, we built a top-notch support team to care for our customers, something we believe truly differentiates Hippo Insurance.
Where is Hippo Insurance Available?
Hippo home insurance is available in the following states:
- New Mexico
- South Carolina
Hippo insurance’s partners are:
- Topa Insurance Co.
- Canopius US Insurance Inc.
- Spinnaker Insurance Co.
Who Owns Hippo Insurance?
Assaf Wand is the CEO and co-founder of Hippo Home Insurance. Based in Mountain View, CA, the company is reimagining home insurance through the lens of homeowners – building policies with more comprehensive coverage for today’s consumers at up to 25% less than competitors.
Prior to Hippo, Wand was founder and CEO of Sabi, which designed and produced elegant everyday products (Sabi was acquired in 2015), a consultant with McKinsey & Company and an investor with Intel Capital. He has an MBA from the University of Chicago and a BA in finance and LLB in Law from the IDC Herzliya in Israel. You can see his profile here.
Hippo home insurance review
Standard coverages for the structure of the home, personal property, liability, and loss of use are all offered in a basic home insurance policy from Hippo. Potential customers are given a choice between three tiers of coverage. Hippo has a wide breadth of coverage even for the most “basic” tier, which includes quite a few extras — detailed below. Keep in mind that not all coverage may be available in your state, and coverage details for each tier can be customized according to your needs.
Notable highlights for each of Hippo’s home insurance tiers include:
- The Essentials: Excludes coverage for equipment breakdown and service line coverage.
- Best Value: Replacement cost for personal property, increased coverage for liability, personal property, and water backup.
- Expanded Protection: Replacement cost for personal property, increased coverage for liability, home office, and water backup.
Hippo home insurance discounts
Detailed below are some discounts to look into if you’re interested in getting the best rate for Hippo’s home insurance. Discount availability may vary due to your location.
- Auto insurance: If you or your spouse have active auto insurance with any company, you can qualify for a Hippo discount.
- Recent home purchase: Get this discount if you’re buying a new home or have owned your home for less than a year.
- Gated community: Fenced-in communities are considered less risky to reside in by insurance companies. Qualify for this discount if your home or condo is part of a gated community.
- Homeowners association: Is there an HOA managing the community? See some savings with an HOA membership discount.
- Early bird: Be rewarded for your early planning. If you start your Hippo policy in eight or more days, you may be eligible for an early bird discount.
- No mortgage: Whether you’ve paid off your home or inherited it from family, Hippo offers a discount if there is no mortgage on the insured property.
- Preventive safety and smart home devices: Equip your home with fire or theft alarm systems, water leak detectors, fire extinguishers, and sprinkler systems to qualify for a safety systems discount.
- Storm shutters: Protect your home against hurricanes and other weather hazards with storm shutters installed on windows.
- Hail-resistant roof: Your roof must be certified as hail-resistant during the initial installation to be eligible for this discount.
Is Hippo home insurance Safe?
Hippo could be a strong contender if you’re searching for home insurance with better-than-average coverage options. Their online quoting process is quick and easy, allowing customers to choose from three clearly-defined levels of coverage.
Even if you elect for the base tier of coverage, you can tailor the details of your policy by lowering or raising limits or deductibles, and adding or opting out of specific coverages. In addition, the variety of discounts available may be just as competitive as those found at more traditional insurance companies.
Strong financial backing from two well-regarded insurers provides stable fiscal footing in Hippo’s capacity to pay claims. However, they are not yet rated by reputable organizations like J.D. Power, and customer reviews elsewhere may be mixed.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.