Getting bored during a lockdown could be a real torture especially with people who are used to having hectic schedules. Presently, it is kind of important to keep busy so as not to feel the state of boredom as it does kill happiness.
When boredom sets in, it becomes really tough to kill time, as it will seem that it has stopped. It is pertinent to know that you cannot sleep all the time nor can you scroll Instagram feed which has people supposedly “enjoying” their life and not being bored.
But then, learning to kill time depends on your interests and what you really enjoy doing while bored.
Below are a list of some useful things to do during this lockdown and can make money online when doing some.
Ways To Kill Boredom During The Lockdown
- Stay fit – create daily family fitness time and download a fitness app to keep it interesting or learn yoga together.
- Jigsaw puzzles – puzzles require brain power and critical thinking and it’s also a good way to bond with family members..
- Learn a new language – download an app like Duolingo and teach yourself the foreign language you’ve always meant to learn.
- Stay in contact with family and friends – use Skype, FaceTime or Google Hangouts to stay in contact and check in on loved ones.
- Learn a new style of dance – you can learn to belly dance or line dance via YouTube and its great fun for the whole family.
- Indulge yourself – during a quarantine, there’s no shame in watching an entire season of your favourite TV show.
- Creative cuisine – learn how to cook new recipes with ingredients you may not be using already and get the kids to help; it’s the perfect time for them to learn a handy new skill
- Cards – learn and play a new card game.
- Blast from the past – look through old photo albums or watch old home videos and let the kids laugh at the ‘funny’ clothes mom and dad wore when they were young.
- Put on a play – have your kids create and perform their own creation and don’t forget to dip into the costume box.
DIY time – dads, you now have no excuse, get stuck in and work through that to-do list
- Write a book with your family – let each member pick a character and each member writes a chapter about their adventures; read aloud to each other.
- Spring clean – and put aside unwanted goods for charity; they will need more support than ever after the quarantine period.
- Get creative with Lego – turn to Google for help for creative ideas and allow imaginations to run wild.
- Indoor bowling – a great way to reuse water bottles; fill 10 water bottles a third of the way with water and set them up at the end of your hall or living room. Place a line of duct tape at the starting line, grab a medium-sized indoor ball and start bowling.
- The lure of a cosy fort – kids love having their very own secret space and a cosy den or fort is the perfect place to hide out, escape annoying siblings or read in peace.
- Establish an arts and crafts area – if you have a spare table set it up with paints, pencils, paper etc. You can also create a gallery to showcase your children’s creations.
- Take up gardening – if you are lucky enough to live in a house, get stuck in and weed and prune. Rope in the kids.
- Engage In Fitness Exercises – Exercise is a physical activity that helps to improve strength and fitness.You can engage in daily physical activity such as jogging around your com point, dancing and other indoor activities which helps increase energy level, reduces the risk of chronic diseases, improves brain function, protects memory and thinking skills and also helps lose weight.
- Reflect On Your Life – This period is the time to reflect on your life, redefine your goals, reassess the direction you are going and check if you are still on track or you have deviated.
It is also a great opportunity to draw out a plan on things to you want to execute when all this is over.
- Read A Book – You can get a book from any field of your interest ranging from political books to motivational books or even entertaining books.
Reading books helps your brain to be more active and it gives you a different perspective of life, it increases your creativity, imagination, memory, and vocabulary.
It also helps to lower your stress level and encourage positive thinking.
- Learn New Skills Online – There are thousands of great resources online in different fields to help you improve and keep yourself busy during this period.
These skills will provide you with insights to propel yourself forward, to get a better job and to even increase your income. Few of those courses are;
- Web development
- Online Marketing
- Graphic design
- Statistics Data Analysis, etc.
The Coronavirus lockdown is really becoming something else to everyone – boredom has almost killed everyone at home.
Well, we cannot change the situation because the virus is just too deadly for anyone to risk their life. Instead, I beg you all to please in this lockdown stay at home and stay safe!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.