It’s been a few months since the Sony Xperia 10 II was introduced and it is finally hitting the shelves. In an increasingly frantic 2020 smartphone market, three months could, realistically, be the entire development cycle for some manufacturer’s models.
The Japanese giant has been taking its time. And while most of that time was spent on the flagship Sony Xperia 1 II, the mid-ranger Sony Xperia 10 II hopefully got some extra polish, as well.
The Sony Xperia 10 II is an upper mid-range smartphone and also the successor of the Sony Xperia 10 that was announced last year. The device comes with some interesting features that you love. It has an IP65/IP68 rating, a large screen display size and also an impressive triple rear camera.
Speaking of the Xperia 1 II, it has an apparent focus on the camera performance. The same can’t exactly be said about the Xperia 10 II. Sure, it shares the same odd “Mark II” camera naming convention with its bigger sibling.
However, even on paper, its camera setup is a far cry from that on the Xperia 1 II. Sony didn’t hesitate to go for the cameras, while cutting-down the Xperia 10 II to size, or rather mid-ranger budget constraints.
Sony Xperia 10 II Review
- Body: 157x69x8.2mm, 151g; Gorilla Glass 6 front and back, plastic frame; IP65/68 rating; Black, White, Mint Green, Berry Blue color options.
- Screen: 6″ OLED, 2520x1080px resolution, 21:9 aspect ratio, 457ppi; 60Hz refresh rate.
- Chipset: Snapdragon 665 (11nm): Octa-core CPU (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver); Adreno 610 GPU.
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 128GB built-in storage, microSD slot (shared with SIM slot 2).
- OS/Software: Android 10.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 12MP, 1/2.8″ sensor, 26mm equiv. focal length, f/2.0 aperture, Dual Pixel PDAF. Telephoto: 8MP, 1/4″, 52mm (2x), f/2.4, PDAF. Ultra wide angle: 8MP, 1/4″, 16mm, f/2.2, fixed focus. 4K/30 video recording.
- Front camera: 8MP, 1/4″, 24mm, f/2.0, fixed focus. 1080p/30fps video recording.
- Battery: 3,600mAh, 18W wired charging support (PD + Quick Charge 3.0).
- Misc: Capacitive side-mounted fingerprint reader; NFC; 3.5mm headphone jack.
Sony Xperia 10 II Key Specs & Features
- 6.0 inches OLED Display, 1080 x 2520 pixels, 21:9 ratio (~457 ppi)
- Android 10.0
- Octa-core Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 (11 nm)
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage up to 512GB Memory Card
- 12 MP + 8 MP + 8 MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 8 MP Front Camera
- IP65/IP68 Dust & Water Resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Fingerprint (side-mounted)
- 4G LTE Network
- 5G Network
- Fast Charging 18W
- Quick Charge 3.0
- USB Power Delivery
- Non-removable Li-Po 3600 mAh Battery
See Also: DJI Mavic Air 2 Review
Sony Xperia 10 II Design and Display
The Sony Xperia 10 II comes in nice and attractive body design. The phone parades a combination of aluminum alloy and glass. It has body dimensions of 157 x 69 x 8.2 mm and weighs 151 grams. As you can see, it’s a lightweight device and lighter than the Sony Xperia 1 II.
Furthermore, it packs a smooth panel housing only the camera and an LED flash while the fingerprint scanner is on the side as usual. The IP65 and the IP68 rating promise to survive up to 1.5m deep for 30 mins in water.
On the front, the Sony Xperia 10 II has a screen display size of 6.0 inches with OLED display technology. The display offers 21:9 CinemaWide tall aspect ratio and also carries support for full HD+ resolution. It packs display protection and also has a 77.6% screen-to-body ratio.
Sony Xperia 10 II Camera
As for the camera configuration, the Sony Xperia 10 II is blessed with a triple rear camera. The backsides of the phone have a vertical camera setup at the top-left corner.
This includes a 12-megapixel primary shooter with PDAF, an ultrawide lens of 8-megapixel with 16mm focal length and an 8-megapixel telephoto sensor with 2x zoom. For self photos, it has a front camera of 8-megapixel.
Sony Xperia 10 II Hardware and Software
Powering the smartphone is a Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 chipset that has an octa-core processor running at a frequency of 2.0 GHz. It has Adreno 610 GPU and runs on the latest Android 10 operating system.
The internal storage on the phone is 128GB paired with 4GB RAM for an excellent performance. You can still expand the memory using a micro SD card that is if you are willing to sacrifice the second SIM slot.
Sony Xperia 10 II Battery and Network
It has a Non Removable battery capacity of 3600 mAh with fast charging 18W. The juicer also features Quick Charge 3.0 and USB Power Delivery.
The dual SIM carries support for 4G LTE Network. Other connectivity options on the handset include WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, FM radio for entertainment, A-GPS for location tracking and 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector.
Sony Xperia 10 II Price and Availability
The Sony Xperia 10 II will sell at a price of about 370 EUR and you can order the phone in Black and White colors.
It will cost around 148,000 Naira in Nigeria, 42,000 KSh in Kenya and Ghs 2,300 in Ghana. You can buy it at any online leading store in the country.
See Also: ESR iphone SE 2020 Case
Sony Xperia 10 II Specs
Here are a few specs of the Sony Xperia 10 II:
- Platform: Android 10.0
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 (11 nm), Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Black, White
- Dimension: 157 x 69 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 151 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM) or Hybrid, Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.0 inches OLED Display, 1080 x 2520 pixels, 21:9 ratio (~457 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 12 MP (wide) + 8 MP (telephoto) + 8 MP (ultrawide) Triple Cameras, [email protected], [email protected]
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 8 MP, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD Bluetooth
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector; USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: Yes
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (side mounted)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-Removable Li-Po 3600 mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, Fast charging 18W
The Xperia 10 II is a very distinctly unique “Sony” device, in more ways than one. Sony has always had a certain way of designing its smartphones around a specific core concept for form, function, and flow. Ever since the 2019 company lineup, most Xperia phones have stuck with an extra-tall 21:9 aspect ratio. You get the same distinct look with the Xperia 10 II, coupled with a 6-inch OLED display. That all adds up to a tall and narrow, yet surprisingly compact device. Like we said – a distinctly unique “Sony” look.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.